drum & bass mixes
Click the subscribe link above to be automatically updated on the inorganikast. If you’re not using iTunes, use this link. Check out the list below to comment and download individual mixes or “episodes”.
the inorganikast #4 // different dubstep ~ 05/30/2012
Here’s some 142 BPM music that I mixed as an example of what dubstep really is – a diverse genre that goes way beyond what Skrillex popularized. It’s a shorty at 25 minutes, cause, honestly I don’t have a lot of dubstep.
I’ve mixed a lot of DNB between this and the last podcast, but it didn’t make its way onto a podcast- sorry. I still mix mostly DNB.
I hope you enjoy this mix- it’s not just a collection of dubstep but tracks I collected on their own merit as songs.
Footnote- I used Mixtool to arrange the tracks for this mix.
- My Lost Paradise feat. Eveline – CLS
- Take it Back (VIP) – Qemists
- Choose Me II – Xilent
- Ridin’ (VIP) – Ed Solo
- Try Again – Logistics
- Renegade feat. Maxta – Qemists
- Cracks feat. Belle Humble – Freestylers
- The Island (Statelapse remix) – Pendulum
- Agent of Chaos – Audio
the inorganikast #3 // Gonzo Dreams ~ 06/03/2010
The inorganikast finally returns. Hope the twitterkast has sufficed, it will continue. This mix is heavy on the Sick Music 2, but has a bunch of fresh tracks, including a Culture Shock promo. Greg is leaving for the WWDC so I mixed this one solo.
- Dreams (Blind Authority Version) feat. Tramb – Nude
- Gonzo – Apex
- Bad Red – Culture Shock (dubplate)
- Moonlight Bay – Agent Alvin
- Chemicals – MRSA
- Die for U – Cyantific
- Wrong Means Right – Drumatic
- Warehouse (Illskillz Remix) – Logistics
- It’s Cruel – Furlonge
- Something Good ’08 (High Contrast remix) – Utah Saints
- Slap Chop – Reso
- Move Y’all – D Kay
- Smooth – Sub Focus
Introducing the twitterkast ~ 04/01/2010
Good news drum and bass lovers- I may be slacking big time on the podcast, but now we’re coming out with a ‘kast once a week! The twitterkast that is. And we, as in my buddy Greg and I. We call it that because it began as us sharing the mixes we didn’t think were quite polished enough for the podcast on twitter. They were “disposable” in a way, because when you don’t pay for soundcloud, it only allows you to have about 1 hour long mix up at a time. But now that I’m paying for it- we’ll have the last 5 or so mixes up- slightly less disposable. The mixes are downloadable to the first 1000 of our fans (so no rush).
These mixes are on the bleeding edge- extremely temporary, and extremely current. Me and Greg buy a lot of new tracks, and well, our taste is pretty good. It’s right there at your mouse-finger tip, fresh each week. Go get some.
the inorganikast #2 // Jamie v. Greg ~ 04/13/2009
For the second installment of the inorganikast, Greg and I take turns with 2 tracks each. We have also graced you with our voices. Enjoy.
- The Specialist – Drumatic
- Tear You Down – Brookes Bros.
- Bear Trap – Treez + Lenzman
- Balaclava – Nu:Tone
- Sugar – Redeyes + Mutt
- Passion – High Contrast
- Move Y’all – D Kay
- Toy Town – Logistics
- Coming Unstuck – Cyantific
- Remember the Future (HC remix) – London Elektricity
- Consumed – Bcee
- Hide U – Kosheen
- Part of Me – Klute
the inorganikast #1 // Ethereal Soul ~ 03/30/2009
This first mix, Ethereal Soul is one I recorded back in December 2007. It’s got a liquidy vibe, and is a mix of old and new, but all vinyl. Enjoy!
- Take Me Back – Nu:Tone + Commix
- Time Ticks Away – Musyka
- Love on Love – Syntax
- Where We Stand – D Kay + Epsilon
- Sugar Soul – John Tejada + Rusta
- Brazil – Shere Khan + Dimension
- Rain – D Kay + DJ Lee
- Half Now, Half Later – John B
- No More Heroes – Q Project
- Stray Light Run – Pacific
- Treat Me Right – Syncopix
- Yesterday’s Colours – High Contrast
- We Can Make It – Fellowship
- Renegade Snares (HC remix) – Omni Trio
- ReWork – Brookes Bros. + Culture Shock